Is it just me or do any of you get really excited when it comes to birthday gifts? I absolutely love giving things to people, especially when I personalise it with cute decorations! This week is my friend’s 16th birthday and I decided I should do something extra meaningful for her…so made her an Emergency Survival Kit! This is such a fun thing to do for your friends and family, and it really shows them how much you care. After all, it’s the thought and effort that counts. It doesn’t take too long to make this adorable gift – and I can guarantee she/he will love it!
Now without further ado, let’s begin!
Things you’ll need:
– Tissue paper
– Any kind of box (I used an old Pineapple cans one)
– A bunch of gifts
– Some basic essentials (Some examples could include pens, mints, gum, hand sanitiser, tissues, toilet rolls. The funnier, the better!)
– Scrapbook paper and a marker
– Wrapping Paper
– An ‘Emergency Survival Kit’ sign (I made a free printable here)
– A ‘happy birthday’ label (I made a free printable for you here)
1. Place the tissue paper into the box – it looks better if you scrunch it up a little.
2. Grab all your gifts together. I got my friend a mason jar, high socks, body cream, 5 gum, Paw Paw lip balm, hand sanitiser, mints, some pens, a rubber and a band-aid. You can also include other funny essentials such as: a toilet roll, spoons, a shower cap etc…
2. Cut out some scrapbook paper and write some ‘punny’ labels. You can get some inspiration by searching up ‘punny gifts’ on the internet! Stick these labels to the gifts.
3. Put all the gifts into the box. I stuck some things on the lid too. Throw in my ’emergency survival kit sign’ printable and some cut up tissue paper.
4. Wrap your gift with some funky wrapping paper then stick on my ‘happy birthday label’ printable!
And there you have it, the perfect gift for that special someone! I hope you enjoyed this little tutorial and are inspired to make some gifts too! It was so much fun making it.
Until next time! xx