I’ve been craving them since the beginning of this season and finally I had the chance to make some! What’s better than a crisp Winter’s afternoon with a cup of hot chocolate and some delicious crunchy waffles?. Mmmmm…..
Here in Australia, today marks the middle of Winter and I thought I should celebrate with some Waffle-icious fun! Today we are making the ULTIMATE waffle treat that is so easy and sooo yummy. I’ll be sharing with you my mum’s amazing Pandan Waffle Recipe, a DIY paper basket, and I also threw in some free Printable decorations I designed!
So many things in one post – how exciting 😀
Let’s begin with the Pandan Waffles Recipe
Ingredients: (Makes 5 Waffles)
– 1 egg
– 300ml Coconut Milk
– 1 cup sifted plain flour
– 50g sugar
– 2 tbsp corn flour
– 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 tsp of green Pandan (optional)
1. Whisk the egg in a large bowl for 30 seconds.
2. Add the coconut milk, plain flour, sugar, corn flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder, salt and Pandan into the bowl. Whisk until it is all combined.
3. Pour the mixture into the waffle machine and enjoy!
Now for the fun part – it’s time to make the paper basket!
1. Fold the two long edges 1cm in.
2. Next, fold the paper in half.
3. Turn the paper around so that the fold is at the bottom. Then, take the top left corner and fold it down to meet the bottom right corner.
4. Take the other top right corner and fold it down to meet the bottom left corner. Tuck it under the white edge as shown in the pictures below.
5. Take the top middle corner and fold it down. Tuck it under the other white edges.
5. Flip it over and repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 on the other side. It should then look like this:
6. Open it up and it should make a little paper box/basket!
7. Cut out the long strips from my printable and glue them around the top white edges.
NOW LET’S DECORATE THE WAFFLES!
1. Spread some nutella onto the waffles then place them inside the paper basket.
2. Top it with some mini m&m’s, strawberries and chopped bananas.
3. Stick the ‘Time For Waffles’ printable onto a toothpick and put it on top to finish it off!
This was absolutely delicious – perfect to satisfy those sweet cravings! I hope you like it too 😀
P.s. Happy 1st of July! xx