Yep you heard me, today we’re making DIY washi tape dispensers (wooptie wooo!)
For a while now I’ve been looking for a place to store my washi tape rather than stuffing them all in a jar. Today’s DIY is perfect for all those washi-collectors because it keeps everything neat and easy to access. Of course, I couldn’t fit all of mine because the box was too small, but I guess it’s a start!
This washi tape dispenser only requires a few materials and I can bet that you’ll find all of them lying around your house. All you’ll need is:
- Small long cardboard box
- White printer paper
- Washi tape
- A long stick / chopstick / pencil
- Pencil and black marker
Let’s start making!
2. In the center of the white paper, trace the outline of the box. Then, draw two lines extending from the corners of the rectangle. Cut along these lines. (see picture above for details)
3. Fold the paper in then glue it onto the outside of the cardboard box.
4. Make a hole in the center of either side of the box and insert the stick.
5. Decorate the box using washi tape and markers.
6. Slide in your washi tape rolls and secure the outside ends of the stick using bluetack. You’re done!
I love this because it keeps everything organised and neat. Whenever you want to change a roll of washi tape, simply remove the bluetack and take out the stick.
Don’t forget to follow me on social media for future updates!