If you have your ears pieced, I’m betting you experience the same dramas as me every morning: I call it the ‘I can’t find my second pair’ struggle. As a lover of small and shiny things, I own quite a lot of earrings and it’s so hard to keep them organised, especially when they’re just…everywhere.
High five if you too, are a victim of this hardship:
BUT have no fear, because my new ‘invention’ is here to fix your worries! I’ve always wanted a way to store all my earrings so that they’re organised and easy to find. First I thought about using a piece of cardboard with holes in it, but then I spotted a piece of foam in my drawer of things-to-use-for-craft-purposes-one-day junk, and thought ‘this is it!’
The way it works is that you’d poke all your earrings into the foam, and on the side you’d have a separate box filled with the earring backs. So, whenever you want to find a pair of earrings, you can just pull them out of the box and grab a pair of backs to go with them!
I hope you like this 5 minute DIY, because it certainly has changed my life forever.
All you need is:
- A box to hold your earrings
- A thick piece of foam
- A small box for your earring backs
- Using a marker, trace the size of your earring box onto the foam (be careful not to get marker stains on your actual box though!)
- Cut the foam so that it will fit snugly into the box (trim around the edges if it’s too big)
- Place the foam into the box
- Remove the backs from all your earrings and poke them into the foam
- Store all your earring backs into a small box on the side.
Let me know if you decide to make this DIY. Also, it would be amazing if you could share this with your friends if you liked it.
Follow me on social media for future updates!